Sweden’s capital city is notoriously associated with Stockholm syndrome. That psychological term originated from one of Sweden’s most famous crimes which happened in Stockholm’s Norrmalstorg Square. During a 6-day bank siege in 1973, hostages started to identify with their captors led by charming career criminal Clark Olofsson.
Today, Stockholm boasts over 70,000 cyclists daily taking advantage of the city’s dedicated bike lanes.
Stockholm’s metropolitan boundaries contain one of Europe’s fastest-growing regions. At the same time, the absence of heavy industry makes Stockholm one of the world’s cleanest metropolises.
Stockholm is the only capital in the world with a national urban park namely the Royal National City Park, a lush green arc both around and within the city. Sweden’s capital is unique in that citizens may encounter deer, foxes and moose within city limits.
Top Stockholm Jokes
- My uncle just got fired from his job at IKEA. His manager caught him taking some of the Stockholm.
- What do people in Stockholm use in the place of sugar? Artificial Sweden-ers
- I just finished reading a book on Stockholm syndrome. At first I didn’t care for it, but after a while I could ‘t put it down.
- Why do Swedish people love their country? Because they have Stockholm syndrome.
- I need a volunteer to test Stockholm syndrome. Any takers?
- A suspected terror attack occurred last night in Stockholm involving a deranged avian described by eyewitnesses as a chicken. It has been reported that it was merely attempting to get to the other side.
- I got dragged off to Stockholm once and I hated it. As time went by, though, I really grew fond of the place.
- How was your trip to Stockholm? Captivating
- What do you call a wolf with Stockholm syndrome? A dog
- When you transgress the laws of men, you go to jail. When you transgress the laws of God, you go to hell. When you transgress the laws of physics, you go to Stockholm to receive a Nobel price.
Top Stockholm Puns
- Have you heard about that sauce made by a guy who plants seeds outside Stockholm? He calls it Sweden Sower Sauce.
- I’m on the fence about moving to Stockholm. I need a little something to Sweden the deal.
- When the kidnapper said he’d never let me get Stockholm syndrome, I knew we were going to be best friends.
- The people from Stockholm in Sweden must really love it there. They never seem to leave.
- Where is the mecca of broth-making? Stockholm
Top Stockholm Quotes
- “There is a very vibrant cultural scene in Stockholm. There are lots of places where there are concerts, and there are loads of museums and theaters.” ~ ABBA member Bjorn Ulvaeus
- “The first time I was in Stockholm, everybody was real cordial, but I started having these nightmares that I was being watched by aliens, basically all the time. My theory on it was that it was really, really unnerving to be in a place where English isn’t the first language.” ~ recording artist Mikky Ekko
- “At least here in Stockholm if you go out to any of our 4 metal clubs and talk to ten guys you can be sure nine of them play in a band! The bad thing is there is no underground movement here anymore. Going to a show with local band’s ten years ago would mean at least 300 people, now you can be lucky if 50 shows up!” ~ death metal singer Johan Hegg
- “But now I wish I could back to Stockholm to make international films there.” ~ director Lasse Hallstrom
“Stockholm is very, like, posh and uptight, and everything should be so luxurious and refurbished.” ~ vocalist Karin Dreijer Andersson
- AZQuotes, Stockholm Quotes.
- Culture Trip, 10 Fascinating Things You Need To Know About Stockholm.
- JustFunFacts, Interesting facts about Stockholm.
- Nordic Experience, 25 Fun & Interesting Facts About Stockholm and Sweden.
- Punstoppable, Stockholm Puns.
- Upjokes, Stockholm Jokes.